Why I'm not allowed to say something.


"He's sick. Just let him be." that's what I always have to hear if I complain about a neighbor that lives in our complex for a few years. I live here for almost four years, and since the beginning of 2014, I'm getting bothered by a neighbor who lives at the basement. 

It's not sure what he actually has for a disease, but making it sound like he's a zombie ( and I mean it LITERALLY ) is certainly not something normal. If he's that sick that he has to groan like a zombie and make bumping noises with his wheelchair, then why do they keep him downstairs? Why don't they get him to a place where he'd have it better? 

Because people don't care. They think that he's fine,when he says he's fine. They don't see someone who's noising around all day, they see some guy who's sitting in a wheelchair living his life. A guy in a WHEELCHAIR who lives at an apartment in the BASEMENT. We don't have an ACCELERATOR, no, his caretakers have to carry him to the GROUND-FLOOR.  

I can't go and say to that guy 'Would you please shut the fuck up' because that's rude and I'm not that type of person. If I complain about it to other people I am simply claimed an 'ableist' and that I'm obnoxious. That does not have anything to do with ableism, god damn it. This damn guy does not get the help he needs. Instead they let him live at the basement, let him there all day, being noisy when I want to focus on my stuff, when I want to take my naps. No, it's not possible anymore since he was caught with tha disease nobody fucking knows about it. 

One Sunday I was about to get some breakfast from McDonalds. And when I wanted to go to the basement where my best friends also has his apartment, he was blocking the stairway. I could NOT go to the apartment because he was blocking it, being noisy, complaining about some pain or something, no one willing to help him. And I was scared, I was just scared. I had to wait like 20 minutes until he would go back to his apartment.

This damn guy needs SERIOUS help. And no one is willing to give him this serious help because everyone pretends that it's fine. Some visitors are scared when they hear him, little children cry because they're scared when they hear him. He has his door a few inches open, and you can hear him either on the stairway or when you have your windows open. 

Hell, I can say that I am happy to move out hopefully soon. For someone who needs to rest and focus a lot due to my final year, it is really troublesome. It causes me headaches and mood swings. And I am not allowed to complain about it, otherwise I'm the one who hates every human in the world, especially those who are ill. 

Giving me the ableist card is completely ridiculous. I am not the only person who would complain, and I have difficulties of ignoring it. So what can I say? Nothing? Keep my mouth shut? I won't go and call an ambulance just to get him out if everyone sees that he's 'fine'. No, he needs attention, he needs company. That's why he's noisy. No matter what disease he has, he is not allowed to be on his own. And that's exactly why he's noisy all day. Because nobody cares about him.

Why ain't I doing stuff? Because I don't care. I don't have the time for this. That's why.

finnley

No comments:

Post a Comment