19/09 - 24/09 : Class trip report

It's a great feeling being home after a stressful but amazing class trip where you were out of town for five days. For those idiots who haven't been getting my absence: I was away for five days on a class trip with my media design class. It was funny yet stressful, and I went to amazing places and learned new things.

The picture you may see is taken by me and it's the Cathedral of Cologne. For those who have been following me on instagram were aware about my whereabouts since I tended to post on my instagram everyday. Sometimes even twice if we changed locations. For the respect of my classmates' privacy and comfort I didn't take pictures with them or when we were chilling at our loft.

DAY #01: DEPARTURE, OPEN AIR MUSEUM & ARRIVAL AT OUR LOFT

I can't excactly remember when we went off but we decided to stop at an open air museum because we had to kill some time until 3PM. The open air museum was really pretty yet huge since there were houses from the 17th century and more stuff to look at. We found cats and chicken walking around as well as horses and donkeys. Since the weather was nice it was really relaxing and we could look around without getting wet or complaining about the heat.

Ein von Sevi (@byakurans) gepostetes Foto am

Then later we had issues finding or loft since we our navigation device was bugging around. It took us some time but once we arrived we were all stunned at the looks. It was modern and comfy, I got a room myself (with two beds) and it even had WiFi. We cooked together and had a nice dinner. Unfortunately I had a bad headache so I went off very early. After a painkiller I was fine but I decided to call it a day and to go to sleep.

DAY #02: AACHEN & CHOCOLATE MUSEUM COLOGNE

The second day wasn't as eventful than the other days but the most notable event was the chocolate museum at Cologne. You could see and learn about the history of chocolate, you could see what engines they'd use to make their chocolate and you could create your own table of chocolate and let it create by the Maîtres Chocolatiers of the museum. The chocolate was really tasty, yet I have to spare my sweet tooth so I kept some pieces for a few days.

Ein von Sevi (@byakurans) gepostetes Foto am

DAY #03: HOUSE OF HISTORY BONN

We spent our day at Bonn at the House of History- a big museum about the history of Germany- from the end of WW2 to the Fall of the Wall and maybe even the aftermath. It was really political yet you could learn about the situations of Germany during the years and how they had to deal with it. After that we made a little walk through the city of Bonn and we went to look for a comic store since my classmate wanted to get himself some trading cards. I was happy to find some cheap comics and it made my day.


Ein von Sevi (@byakurans) gepostetes Foto am

DAY #04: PHOTOKINA AND CITY TOUR AT COLOGNE

We returned at Cologne since there was a photography convention, the Photokina. It was really huge yet pretty crowded which totally exhausted me. I'm not used to crowds and I was relieved we didn't take any longer there. I was pretty exhausted from the booths and I didn't have quite the motivation to take a walk through Cologne. But we had to kill some time because we were supposed to get dinner at 6PM. We didn't do much but spending some time at a park and the Cathedral. At 6PM we were looking for a chinese restaurant since our teachers wanted to pay some dinner for us. The first one was miserable until I suggested another one because some of our classmates were still hungry. The second one was really good and it had an All-you-can-eat with A LOT of stuff. I was amazed at the sushi and gyoza served there. However since I already called it a day after the end of our Photokina tournee, I was so happy to go to sleep- which I did after we returned to our loft.

DAY #05: VOGELSANG AND RETURN

Vogelsang used to be a notable place at WW2 and since it was on our way to return we stopped there and took a look at it. It looked nice in the outside but it was... quite boring in the inside.


Ein von Sevi (@byakurans) gepostetes Foto am

Nevertheless I was glad that our day and trip ended there and I was happy to be back home. Home sweet home. It's always nice to be back.

finnley

2 comments:

  1. Seems like you had an amazing trip and you saw amazing places. Have a nice day. Also, I added you to affiliates <3. You have an amazing website too.

    Cristina - http://lovemore.xyz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures :D Glad to hear you had a nice trip haha!
    - Suzy
    unnie.net

    ReplyDelete