Growing up


Picture by unsplash.com
I was asked about what It would be like if I grew up. First of all I didn't take it like seriously, but then I realized that, if someone would tell me to grow up, I would act too childish.

Ah, let's get real on that one, though. Telling me that I'm childish and then to grow up is not an order or a warning to me. I am neither childish nor do I need to grow up. I'm me. Telling me that everything I do is childish does not affect me in any way, because the stuff I do is not childish but I do it because I like it.

And to come on the point, acting like a child is sometimes okay, as long as you don't take it too far. What I mean is if you cry for something you don't get (an object i.e.) then I sometimes worry about you and ask myself if that's really necessary. If you are over 18 and cry because you don't get what you want, then you have spent a childhood where you were mostly the spoiled little child. If someone tells you 'no' you get moody because you don't know a 'no' in your dictionnary.

I am the same but if I get disagreements I don't cry but deal with it. Crying about it doesn't make me get it faster; and you should be aware of that too. Shit talking about someone being an ass for not giving you the shit you want is completely irrelevant and doesn't make you getting your stuff either. Deal with the fact that disagreements happen and avoid any stress.

What does that have to do with being childish you ask? This is an childish act to me and doesn't show that they didn't grow up.

But what does it mean if someone tells you to grow up? You're too childish for them? You really wanna live a boring life of working all day and be the damn robot? We live in the 21st century, not in a time where this is usual as hell. You want me to be the average type of person, giving up the stuff that makes fun to me because it's childish?

Growing up means finally finding the way how to spend your life and be happy with it. And not living on your own, cook your food, go to work everyday, even though it belongs to the growing-up part. I can say to myself that I grew up; I found the way how to spend my life and I am happy; and yes, I even do live on my own and have a job.

If you think that growing up is changing your personality into something 'boring', then you definitely don't know how it works to grow up. People can't grow up by your command just if you think that they're 'too childish' for you, and yeah, for you it's always the personality. But the personality is not important at all. Just think about it and you'll see that I'm right.

finnley

No comments:

Post a Comment