It started with a crush...


... and it now turned into a relationship.

Do you know what it feels like to have a crush? I am talking about a real one, about someone who is not a superstar or anime/fiction character. An actual person. You may or may not be able to touch them because of the distance, but you have the feeling of giving someone who's dear to you your heart.

'I love you.'

Whenever I said that to my crush, she either say 'I love you too', but back then, we were not a dating yet. No, it was more platonic rather than romantic. But hey– let me tell you; I started developing a romantic crush for that person. This person made my days better, whenever I talked to them. Their present was a gift and I enjoyed it very much. My heart always skipped a beat when we were being platonic everytime in a group chat. But it made my crush on this person even stronger. It was so strong I decided to confess to them. I told them how I felt, and I am honest– I am no big person of words but only saying 'I have a crush on you' would be awkward. So I told them why, I told them how, I told them how much they meant to me. Considering the fact we know each other for a month,  I thought it would be too quick, I would be rushing and I didn't want to. But I didn't want to see my crush 'moving on' and being with someone else so I took the opportunity and told them how I felt.

Of course they were surprised, of course they didn't expect that. Well I did't expect them to reciprocate their feelings either and here we are. It all happened today, I had a very bad morning but after confessing, I felt way better. I was nervous all day, I didn't know what to do. I was even pale in my face because I skipped my breakfast which was a big mistake but... Here we are. Here I am. I have a significant other, I am really happy.

They make me smile. And as long as I do the same, it is okay.

finnley

1 comment:

  1. Good thing you took that leap of faith, sometimes we are so afraid of a outcome, we miss out on a lot of really great things! I think I am guilty of that too.

    ReplyDelete